Sunday, December 13, 2009

Beginnings

I've always had problems with maintaining focus on things. It's been apparent from a young age, and it's cost me at least one good job. While my current employment may not offer the benefits and pay that my old job did, it does at least offer me free time in the middle of the night.

I've always loved stories in just about any medium. I enjoy television, movies, books, audio-dramas and video games. But it's not taking in stories that I like. I've made up stories in my head for almost as long as I can remember. Over the past couple of years, I've thought that I might enjoy writing. I've written a couple of comic book scripts for a friend, and tried to begin writing things of my own. What I've found is that my problems focusing on things were impacting me here as well.

I've taken steps that should hopefully address these problems and started this journal to document my attempts to write. I'm planning to try to write each night, and record my progress here. Hopefully it'll show that I'm able to stick with my ideas, and make better progress over time.

It's time to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment