Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Commencing Chapter Four

Tonight was shaping up to be a difficult night. The 'tenants' at the building I watch were bringing in a lot of beer (especially for a Tuesday night) and there was a lot of activity. I was hesitant to even start trying to write until after midnight. And then I found myself caught up in conversation on Twitter with friends. (I don't get a lot of interesting conversation on my work-nights, so I tend to be a sucker for some.)

So I was naturally feeling a little nervous about how much writing I'd get done.

I didn't have to worry that much. I would have rather had a third thousand-word night, but I feel fine calling it a night where I am. I'm stopping mid-scene, and I think I know how the scene will play out. I'm trying to do this to make it easier to pick up my writing again tomorrow night. I think it's helped before.

The fourth chapter is a lot of work with my main protagonist. I'm trying to tease out some of her back-story since she seems to be my main character. I can't help but feel that I'm being entirely too clumsy and direct. I don't know if there's any medication that can make me feel better about my writing, but at least I'm able to keep writing and keep moving forward. I wonder if there are writers who actually like their own work. I feel like I've got so much room for improvement. But that's what this is for.

I'm less than an hour from being done with work for the week. I'd like to finish clearing out the writing room. I don't know if it will happen, but I'm going to try. I'm also hoping to spend more time writing this weekend than last. Again, we'll have to see how that pans out, but I want to break 1K each night I write. (I'd like to try to shoot for 2K, but one step at a time.)

Here's the word count:

Tonight's Word Count: 937

Total Word Count: 7088

No comments:

Post a Comment