Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Second Weekend of Writing

For any that don't know, my screwed up work schedule has me working nights instead of days, and my 'weekend' falls largely in the middle of the week.

So this is the first day of my second weekend of the year. I was looking forward to putting in a good, long night of writing. It didn't quite work out that way, but I'm not going to complain. I didn't get to sit down until about 2am, and didn't really start writing until at least 3am. But the story just poured forth. In about an hour and a half, I'd written over 600 words and had to decide whether to press on, or call it.

Ultimately, my belly made the call. I need some food.

For those who've got access to my story on Google Docs, let me know what you think about the last chunk of Chapter 4? I'm feeling unusually happy with it, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not. :)

But the writing progress isn't the only thing going on. I hauled several boxes of junk to the dump today. (Well, yesterday for you diurnal types.) I also got some more cleaning of my writing room in-progress done. If I don't get it done this weekend, I should definitely have it next weekend. I'm looking forward to that. I'm planning to lug another load of stuff off on Friday. I feel twinges of regret on some of it, but I know that the things I'm getting rid of aren't really important. (If they were, I'd have seen them in the past three years.)

On top of that, I spent some quality time with Hilary and had a really great day regarding some personal issues. So even though I fell short of the 1K words I'd like to have written tonight, I feel great. I'm going to have something to eat, watch something off the DVR, and get ready to call it a day.

Here's the word count:

Tonight's Word Count: 660

Total Word Count: 7748

No comments:

Post a Comment