Monday, January 4, 2010

The Writing Has Begun

It took me a little while to steel myself up to it, but tonight I began the act of writing my story.

I don't know what I'll think about my progress after I've slept, but I suspect I'll be extremely unhappy with what I've written thus far. But the story has begun.

I'm still unsure about my pacing. While I'm no longer quite so frightened that I'm going to rush through chapters far too quickly, I'm still nervous about my pacing. While the first chapter isn't rushing, a flashback scene therein may have gone by too quickly. I'll have to read it when I get back to work, and see.

A new concern has raised itself, though. I'm beginning to think that I'm over-narrating. I like to think of myself as a clever person, and I'm not sure that the tone I'm writing with fits. I'm also not sure if I'm describing things instead of trying to show them because I'm so amused with my own 'voice'. Ultimately, I'll probably need others to read what I have so that they can tell me, yea or nay.

But for tonight:

900 Words

And total:

900 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment