Sunday, January 3, 2010

Interlude

I hadn't planned on getting any writing done over this past weekend due to the New Year's holiday (and the chance to spend more time with Hilary than our work usually allows.) I had planned to update the blog over the weekend, however, but was frustrated by Time Warner Cable's service. We had some manner of disruption in our area that blanked out all of our services (cable, telephone and internet). Things were active again at the house before I left for work tonight, so hopefully that won't bother us anymore.

Over my 'weekend' I watched an episode of 'Hoarders' and it made me look around our home a tad uncomfortably. While our house is nowhere near the level displayed on the show, I can't shake the feeling that we're further in that direction than we should be.

Why do I mention this? Because I've decided that a 'Writing Room' at home might help. We live in a three bedroom house with no children. We have a guest room, but our third bedroom has served as nothing more than a repository for things we haven't wanted to deal with since we moved in. And a big table I bought when we moved in. I'm planning to go through the things in that room, throwing out what I can, and claiming it as an 'office'. There will be no television, or telephone in this room - just a place that I can set up my laptop, close the door, and hopefully work. When I feel like it's well enough to show off, there may be pictures.

Tonight I plan to actually start crafting my story. I even think I have a line to start with, so I'm interested in seeing how far that takes me. I'm a little anxious, but hopefully that'll pass as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment