Friday, January 22, 2010

A Light Night

Tonight, I'm working on a scene where my main protagonist, Erin, is facing her father-figure for the first time in a couple years. He bailed her out of some trouble last time they saw each other, and she's been too ashamed to face him since. He means well in this encounter, but she's immediately defensive and takes everything the wrong way.

So, this is an important scene, to me. I want to try to show the truth of their relationship instead of explicitly stating it. (Hey, it's been years since I've tried to write almost anything before starting this project.) But because I think this scene is important, progress was slow. I'd still be working on it, but I'm getting tired and I want it to be right.

I want to try talking a little more about what I'm actually writing here. I know it'll be more interesting to read, but I'm still a little unsure about how much to share, and how much to hold back. Any feedback on the subject is certainly welcome.

Here's tonight's word count:

Tonight's Word Count: 497

Total Word Count: 13,288

No comments:

Post a Comment